Sunday, April 4, 2010

First week in DC...

Ahhh-Happy Easter!  My first week in DC is complete and overall it has been good. Training is really interesting and I am excited to be moving along. We received our bid lists for our first posts, which was definately the highlight. There are about 100 spots and 93 of us, so most will get filled. I've spent a lot of free time researching the various posts and determining the pros and cons- they all seem like great spots for so many different reasons. I think I just need to examine my preferences and narrow it down. Regardless the research is fasicnating and I certainly am getting a crash course in geography!  I've finally unpacked and set up shop in my temporary housing-nice to not be climbing over boxes and suitcases, although I have not even received my air freight and my apartment is pretty full- who knew an Escape could hold so much stuff. By the way if you subscribed via e-mail, you can respond to the e-mail you receive and it comes right to my private e-mail and does not pop up in the comments section. Heading out to the Cherry Blossoms and feeling jealous of what I've heard is an amazingly beautiful perfect Minnesota Easter day back home-enjoy and I'm with you in spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment