Friday, January 22, 2010

On the road to DC...

I received my official offer and invite to the Foreign Service Institute for March 2010-oh and yes I accepted! I will be heading to DC in March, attending the A-100 training class for new officers, and then further training in my area of expertise and language studies, depending upon which Embassy I will be sent to for my first assignment. I still have many details to figure out and too many unknowns I must accept, but I feel like a monkey, a very fat monkey, is off my back now that I know I am definately going and when. Now on to organizing my "stuff"-thank god for the label maker...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'll be heading to A-100 in March too! (CON) See you in class!

    Cheers,
    Beney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the congratulations. I'll also be in the March class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Greta- I can't wait to meet everybody and congratulations back at you! I'm heading to DC next weekend to check out my new neighborhood-can't wait.

    ReplyDelete